Showbox, the Android streaming app, is a most popular application is the entertainment category. If you’ve heard of Showbox is only available for mobile phones and computers then you’re wrong. It is also compatible with all the latest TVs. Here we show you how you can install Showbox on Smart TV.
Is there a Showbox Smart TV app?
It is difficult to answer because it completely depends on what type of TV you’re using. If you’re using Android based Smart TV then Showbox is available for it. Other than Android Smart TVs need to use third-party devices such as Firestick, Kodi, Chromecast, or Roku. You can run Showbox through any one of these devices.
Here, we’ve provided a working guide on it for both Android and non-Android Smart TVs. Explain to you in two different ways. The first method will explain to you how to sideload Showbox using Downloader App or ES File Explorer. If you wish to play Showbox content by attaching a TV device then use our second method.
- 1 Install Showbox on Smart TV (Works for All Android Smart TVs)
- 2 Step 1: Allow Installation of Apps from other than Play Store
- 3 Step 2: Download ES File Explorer on TV
- 4 Step 3: Download the Showbox app file using ES File Explorer
- 5 Step 4: Install the Showbox on TV
- 6 How to Install Showbox on Non-Android TV
- 7 Conclusion
Install Showbox on Smart TV (Works for All Android Smart TVs)
In this digital era, almost every Smart TV is coming with an Android OS. So, this method can be compatible with all TVs including…
- Sharp tv, Etc.
Step 1: Allow Installation of Apps from other than Play Store
Remember, Showbox is not officially available from Google Play Store. So, we need to give a permission to allow installation. You must enable the “Uknown Sources” on your TV.
To do this, go to Settings > Security & Restriction, turn on the “Unknown Source” option.
Step 2: Download ES File Explorer on TV
However, As we mentioned earlier, you need to install the File manager app on your Smart TV. In this case, ES File Explorer is our recommendation.
Google Chrome Browser is not available on Android TV’s Play Store. To download the Showbox APK, we need at least one browser, but you can’t find pre-installed browsers. But still, we can download it using ES File Explorer.
It is not only a local file manager but also a network file manager. We can use it as a browser to download files online. Here’s how.
- Open the Play Store on your Android TV.
- Use the search function to find the “ES File Explorer” (By ES Global). Or you can also find from “Top Free Apps” section. Click on it.
- Now, click on Install.
- Wait to complete the installation.
Step 3: Download the Showbox app file using ES File Explorer
- Now, open the ES File Explorer app.
- Go to the Favorites tab, it is in the left panel.
- Click on “Add”.
- Now, you’ll get a “Add to favorite” window.
- Enter this URL address, “https://showboxupdates.com/com.showbox_showboxupdates.apk” in the Path field. (Without Quote)
- Next, type a name as “Showbox TV”.
- Click on “Add”.
- Visit the Favorite > Showbox TV and click on it.
- Automatically it will start downloading the Showbox app.
Step 4: Install the Showbox on TV
- In the ES File Explorer, navigate to the download page where the Showbox.apk file was saved.
- Click on it to proceed to install.
- Follow the screen steps as like any Android app.
- Click on open.
- Now, start streaming the Showbox movies on Smart TV with HD quality, enjoy the bigger screen experience.
- You’re done!
How to Install Showbox on Non-Android TV
Simply put, we’ve listed both freemium and premium services for it. Our freemium service choice is Kodi (XBMC). It is an online media player which allows to stream Showbox content on TV. In the premium services, we need to purchase the device like Firestick, Roku, or Chromecast, which costs below $100 only. And they are worthy.
First, connect any device or service listed above and follow our guide below.
I’ve already made a detailed guide on them individually. Try any one method from below.
- How to Install Showbox on Kodi
- Install Showbox on Firestick (Amazon Fire TV)
- Cast Showbox to TV using Chromecast
- How to Watch Showbox on Roku TV
That’s about it! You can stream Showbox from any devices or software in on time.
This is how you can download Showbox for Smart TV on both Andoird TV and Non-Android TV. The best thing about this app is that installing this app will give you access to your favorites TV Shows, Movies, and more entertainment. The Showbox houses thousands of streaming sources and available them on our devices.
If you found this guide to be useful, then share this article with your friends and family. If you experience any issues on Showbox then do add your problems in the comment box below.