How to Install the Showbox on Kodi XBMC Software? This tutorial is completely dedicated to the people who are struggling to add the Showbox Addon to Kodi 17 Krypton. Why? Kodi is not an Android-based device so we need to follow a different procedure to enable this feature. Scroll down to learn.
Showbox has surely made an impression on who wants to stream video streams on the web. Kodi is an online media player which enables users to watch the streaming content from different sources. By adding a Showbox app to the Kodi will make your device a perfect entertainment place.
To enjoy this service, your device should be installed with Kodi along with Showbox. Let’s get into the guide on how to do this.
How to Install Showbox on Kodi Using Showbox Addon
You can customize your Kodi and add latest films and programs of Showbox by adding its working repo from the web. Here are the complete instructions that you can follow.
Part 1: Setting up Kodi with PCs or Smart TVs
- To use their service, install the Kodi tool on your computer or Television. For Kodi setup on TVs, watch this video. Use this guide for PC setup. (Skip this step if your device is already installed with Kodi)
- Are you setup the Kodi Media Player on your device? Now, you need to follow the below steps.
Part 2: Turn on the Unknown Sources Feature on Kodi
- To allows the installation of apps like Showbox, please enable the unknown source option on Kodi. This step is important because Showbox is other than Kodi Store. See how?
- In Kodi, go to System Settings.
- Click on Settings.
- In the sidebar, click on Add-ons.
- Turn on the “Unknown Sources” option. Next click on “Yes”.
Part 3: Add the Showbox Kodi Addon
- Go to “Add file source” window. You can find it from Settings >> File Manager >> Add Source, click on “None“.
- Enter the URL “http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/” in the path filed and name it as “Showbox“. Click on “Ok”.
Part 4: Install the JesusBox Repo
- After part 3, again come back to Kodi’s home screen and go to Add-ons and click on “Install from zip file“.
- Now, a new window will pop up with a list of available source files. Select the “Showbox” repo file.
- Choose a “repository.jesusboxtv-1.x.x.zip” from available Zip files.
- Go to “Install from repository” option which is located in the System-> Add-ons.
- Click on Jesus Repository and then go to the Video Add-ons menu, select “Showbox Arize“.
- Click on “Install”.
- It will take a few seconds to complete the installation and wait for it.
- If the installation is finished, you’ll get a notification.
- Now, you can find it in the Video Add-ons section. (Video ->Add-ons -> Showbox)
Try Alternative Showbox URL/Repo
Is your Showbox not working on Kodi? Use this alternative repo. In this section, we’ll let you provide other working Showbox Kodi addons.
Replace the above URL in part 3 and follow the next steps respectively.
What is Kodi Vs Showbox?
- Showbox is a mobile app and Kodi is a media player.
- Kodi plays Showbox’s content, Showbox is a source for Kodi.
- Both are different from one other, but the aim is to offer video streaming from the web.
Even though Showbox is an Android app but it also works well on Kodi too. Add the Showbox on your Kodi 17 Krypton/XBMC and enjoy the world of streams in HD. I hope you installed without any problem using our instructions. Don’t miss any steps above and follow one by one carefully.